Coming Soon Publications
Laing SS and Sterling R. Examining socio-demographic and health service predictors of self-perceived health status among community health center patients: Policy implications. (In Preparation).
Laing SS, Becker B, et al. Reimagining methodological considerations for community-engaged research. (In Preparation)
Nguyen B and Laing SS. Mental health and familial dynamics among the Vietnamese community, post COVID-19. (In Preparation).
Click on each publication item below for more detailed information.
1. Laing SS, Silver I, York S, and Phelan E. 2011. Fall prevention knowledge, attitude and practices of community stakeholders and older adults. Journal of Aging Research, vol. 2011, Article ID 395357, 9 pages, oi:10.4061/2011/395357.
2. Laing SS, Hannon PA, Talburt A, Kimpe S, Williams B, Harris JR. 2012. Increasing evidence-based workplace health promotion best practices in small and low-wage companies, Mason County, Washington, 2009. Preventing Chronic Disease, 9:110186. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5888/pcd9.110186.
3. Green B, Bogart A, Chubak J, Vernon S, Morales L, Meenan R, Laing SS, Fuller S, Ko C, Wang CY. 2012. Nonparticipation in a population-based trial to increase colorectal cancer screening. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, vol. 42(4): 390-397.
4. Green BB,Wang CY, Horner K, Catz S, Meenan RT, Vernon SW, Carrell D, Chubak J, Ko C, Laing SS, Bogart A. 2012. Erratum to “Systems of support to increase colorectal cancer screening and follow-up rates (SOS): Design, challenges, and baseline characteristics of trial participants. Contemporary Clinical Trials, vol. 33(5): 1103.
5. Chubak J, Bogart A, Fuller S, Laing SS, Green BB. 2013. Uptake and positive predictive value of fecal occult blood tests: a randomized controlled trial. Preventive Medicine, vol. 57 (5): 671-78.
6. Laing SS, Bogart A, Chubak J, Fuller S, Green BB. 2014. Psychological distress after a positive fecal occult blood test result among members of an integrated healthcare delivery system. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention, vol. 23(1): 154-159.
7. Chen Lu, Hannon PA, Laing SS, Kohn MJ, Clark K, Pritchard S, Harris JR. 2015. Perceived workplace health support is associated with employee productivity. American Journal of Health Promotion, vol. 29(3): 139-146.
8. Laing SS & Jones SMW. 2016. Anxiety and depression mediate the relationship between perceived workplace health support and presenteeism: A cross-sectional analysis. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, vol 58(11): 1144 – 1149.
9. Laing SS. 2018. Affordable and Effective Health Care Might Simply Be Mobile Healthcare. Annals of Community Medicine and Practice, 4(1): 1029.
10. Laing SS, Alsayid M, Ocampo C, Baugh S. 2018. Mobile health technology knowledge and practices among patients of safety-net health systems in Washington State and Washington, DC. J Patient Cent Res Rev. 2018;5:204-17. doi:10.17294/2330-0698.1622
11. Laing SS, Sterling R and Ocampo O. 2019. Physical activity support predicts safety-net patients' digital healthcare engagement: Implications for patient care delivery. American Journal of Health Promotion. doi: 10.1177/0890117119894508
12. O’Connor MR, Barrington WE, Buchanan D, Bustillos D, Eagen-Torkko M, Kalkbrenner A, Laing SS, Redding K, and deCastro AB. 2019. Short-term outcomes of a diversity, equity, and inclusion institute for nursing faculty. Journal of Nursing Education, 58(11):633-640**** 2020, Christine A. Tanner Scholarly Teaching Award from Journal of Nursing Education**
13. Laing SS, Sterling R and Ocampo C. (2020). Abstracts from the forum on advances in healthcare management: Healthcare providers’ support for physical activity engagement predicts patients’ use of mobile health technology – Implications for healthcare management. Journal of Healthcare Management, 65(6): 455-456, Abstracts From the Forum on Advances in Healthcare Managemen... : Journal of Healthcare Management (lww.com)
14. Laing SS, Ocampo P, Ocampo C, Caravalho J, Perez G, Baugh S. 2020. Provider perceptions of mHealth engagement for low-resourced, safety-net communities. Public Health Nursing 2020;00:1–9.
15. Laing SS, Alsayid M, Christiansen K., Shannon Dorcy K. 2020. Technology’s role in promoting physical activity and healthy eating in working rural women: A cross-sectional quantitative analysis. Avicenna Journal of Medicine, 10:76-82